H1 transferred without H4 extension

laxs87

Hello,

My H1B and dependent's H4 extension petition is approved till Feb-2020 through my old employer. On May-2018 I joined another employer and only my H1B was transferred and is still pending. H4 extension was not filled. Now in Dec-2018 my old employer has revoked my old H1B.

Now, I got couple of questions regarding my dependent's H4 status based on my H1B -
1. If my H1B transfer is rejected, will my dependent's H4 be out of status? If yes, since when?
2. If my H1B transfer is approved, I will have to get my new H1 stamped. But, will my dependent also have to get H4 stamped?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Laxmikant.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, laxs87 said:

Hello,

My H1B and dependent's H4 extension petition is approved till Feb-2020 through my old employer. On May-2018 I joined another employer and only my H1B was transferred and is still pending. H4 extension was not filled. Now in Dec-2018 my old employer has revoked my old H1B.

Now, I got couple of questions regarding my dependent's H4 status based on my H1B -
1. If my H1B transfer is rejected, will my dependent's H4 be out of status? If yes, since when?
2. If my H1B transfer is approved, I will have to get my new H1 stamped. But, will my dependent also have to get H4 stamped?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Laxmikant.

1. From the day of rejection.

2. If you are travelling out of country, then you can take them also along with you. So that all of you would have same visa expiry date. If you don't travel before Feb 2020, then you need to make sure to file extension for your dependents.

Archived