H4 Extension Impact - Shoplifing charge

sonsheth

Hello,

I am charged with third degree shoplifting charge in NJ. After going to the court, the prosecutor told me that the charge will be amended to disorderly conduct and I will be entering into conditional dismissal program for disorderly conduct which is of 1 year which will end in Jan 2020. Now, since my H4 is expiring in June 2019, I will have to file my H4 extension now. However, since i am in conditional dismissal program means my case is open currently.

1. Will my case being open, can I file my H4 extension now with USCIS ? Will it impact my extension as my case is still open and I do not have final court disposition letter?

2. What all documents I should submit at the time for H4 extension as my case is pending?

3. Since my parents stay in India and say due to emergency I will have to travel to my home country, can I travel with my conditional dismissal going on? If yes, what all documents should I take along with me since I would not be having final court disposition letter?

4. Would you suggest to talk to the prosecutor and request for direct plead to disorderly conduct since I have to apply for my extension?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

5 hours ago, sonsheth said:

Hello,

I am charged with third degree shoplifting charge in NJ. After going to the court, the prosecutor told me that the charge will be amended to disorderly conduct and I will be entering into conditional dismissal program for disorderly conduct which is of 1 year which will end in Jan 2020. Now, since my H4 is expiring in June 2019, I will have to file my H4 extension now. However, since i am in conditional dismissal program means my case is open currently.

1. Will my case being open, can I file my H4 extension now with USCIS ? Will it impact my extension as my case is still open and I do not have final court disposition letter?

2. What all documents I should submit at the time for H4 extension as my case is pending?

3. Since my parents stay in India and say due to emergency I will have to travel to my home country, can I travel with my conditional dismissal going on? If yes, what all documents should I take along with me since I would not be having final court disposition letter?

4. Would you suggest to talk to the prosecutor and request for direct plead to disorderly conduct since I have to apply for my extension?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

you have to submit arrest record or report and Court documents disposition document from court while travelling outside and for H4 extension.

11 hours ago, sam3215 said:

you have to submit arrest record or report and Court documents disposition document from court while travelling outside and for H4 extension.

Thank you so much for your reply. However, do you think I can do my H4 extension even though my case is opened i.e. I am under conditional dismissal program for 1 year? Please note I would not be having final court disposition letter as the case is opened and not dismissed yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived