Administrative Processing even after VO said your visa is issued.

9090Abad

I went to India for my 2nd H1B stamping. 

Visa Officer said, we are issuing your visa & they kept my passport. (I neither received any letter nor any email till date) After almost 3 weeks when I haven't received my passport, I check online for my visa application status. It shows your application is under Administrative Processing.

Is this normal ?

What does that mean ? Is it 221g ?

@9090Abad: Now a days though your visa is approved when interacting with Visa Officer at the Consulate, later the status is showing as Administrative Processing for couple of days and then it changes to Issued but in your case, you've mentioned it's for 3 weeks which is so long. Try to walk-in to Information/Enquiry desk at the Consulate and check. Sometimes it works to move your case. Good Luck!

While interviewing you, VO found everything okay for your visa to be issued. Even after that the visa issuance goes through other administrative steps. It is possible that while under mandatory administrative processing they decided to do some additional verification may be under 221g  and you are getting delayed. This is not something new and been known for years. Try emailing the vfs or consulate asking about the eta on the case. Unfortunately all you can do is wait at this time. Most visas under 221g have a decision within 2-4 weeks.

5 hours ago, luck2u said:

@9090Abad: Now a days though your visa is approved when interacting with Visa Officer at the Consulate, later the status is showing as Administrative Processing for couple of days and then it changes to Issued but in your case, you've mentioned it's for 3 weeks which is so long. Try to walk-in to Information/Enquiry desk at the Consulate and check. Sometimes it works to move your case. Good Luck!

Thank You ! 

Hyderabad isn't my base City, I am in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Can I visit VFS center @ Ahmedabad ? Is that the same impact as visiting consulate ?

8 hours ago, sreevats.ns@gmail.com said:

Which consulate you went?

Hyderabad, India

• 7 months later...