All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vasu_rocky

Successful Visa Stamping Ottawa, Canada

Ok, time to give back. Here is my stamping experience today (2/11) at Ottawa, Canada

Appointment scheduled at 8.15 AM. Reached @ 8.05. Asked for DS160 Confirmatin Page with the picture on it. For some reason I seemed to have misplaced it, but I had the original interview letter and instructions with barcode on it. The security officer said he would be able to work with that. 

Got in about 8.15. There is a check of documents prior to security screening. Need your DS160, a passport picture, I797, your proof of status in Canada (PR, visa, etc). I have a Canadian PR. You then go through security. Although the email you get says there are no lockers, the folks at the office do hold your phones, keys, etc in a bin. I didnt take any electronics with me so it was a breeze. They kept my watch though. 

Was asked to go to counter 2 or 3 for initial check of documents (again), and then to counter 4 for finger prints. Then had to wait in the interview line (counters 6 or 7). There were about 10 people ahead of me. Both interviewers were ladies and I saw them specifically asking about the Do You Know Your Rights document that you get in Counter 2 or 3. This can also be found online. I took a quick peak into it. The two folks ahead of me got Pink and Yellow Slips, not sure what their cases were. I think one was a student. 

Interview Questions

1. Did not ask for any additional documents. What does your employer do?

2. What's your salary?

3. Are you visiting Canada? I told her I have a Canadian PR, she looked at it when I first gave her everything but forgot about it. 

4. How long have you been on H1? Asked a couple times since I was way over the 6 year period. 

5. Do you have an approved I140? - The answer was a resounding Yes

6. What do you specifically do? I read the original petition and supporting letter that my company had included in it. Make sure your job descriptions match whats in your petition and what you indicate on DS160. 

The officer said the visa has been approved and I should get my passport within 3-5 days. I am now in waiting mode for information from CPC. 

Thanks and good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

No problem sharing the experience. I was reviewing some previous posts and thought you are/were in a 221G situation. Has that been resolved? If I am mistaken, please accept my apologies. 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, vasu_rocky said:

Ok, time to give back. Here is my stamping experience today (2/11) at Ottawa, Canada

Appointment scheduled at 8.15 AM. Reached @ 8.05. Asked for DS160 Confirmatin Page with the picture on it. For some reason I seemed to have misplaced it, but I had the original interview letter and instructions with barcode on it. The security officer said he would be able to work with that. 

Got in about 8.15. There is a check of documents prior to security screening. Need your DS160, a passport picture, I797, your proof of status in Canada (PR, visa, etc). I have a Canadian PR. You then go through security. Although the email you get says there are no lockers, the folks at the office do hold your phones, keys, etc in a bin. I didnt take any electronics with me so it was a breeze. They kept my watch though. 

Was asked to go to counter 2 or 3 for initial check of documents (again), and then to counter 4 for finger prints. Then had to wait in the interview line (counters 6 or 7). There were about 10 people ahead of me. Both interviewers were ladies and I saw them specifically asking about the Do You Know Your Rights document that you get in Counter 2 or 3. This can also be found online. I took a quick peak into it. The two folks ahead of me got Pink and Yellow Slips, not sure what their cases were. I think one was a student. 

Interview Questions

1. Did not ask for any additional documents. What does your employer do?

2. What's your salary?

3. Are you visiting Canada? I told her I have a Canadian PR, she looked at it when I first gave her everything but forgot about it. 

4. How long have you been on H1? Asked a couple times since I was way over the 6 year period. 

5. Do you have an approved I140? - The answer was a resounding Yes

6. What do you specifically do? I read the original petition and supporting letter that my company had included in it. Make sure your job descriptions match whats in your petition and what you indicate on DS160. 

The officer said the visa has been approved and I should get my passport within 3-5 days. I am now in waiting mode for information from CPC. 

Thanks and good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

congrats thanks alot for sharing the info

do you know if stamping in Vancouver, Montreal , Quebec holds any risk at all .

I see that most people prefer to go to Ottawa/Toronto