Successful Visa Stamping Ottawa, Canada

Ok, time to give back. Here is my stamping experience today (2/11) at Ottawa, Canada

Appointment scheduled at 8.15 AM. Reached @ 8.05. Asked for DS160 Confirmatin Page with the picture on it. For some reason I seemed to have misplaced it, but I had the original interview letter and instructions with barcode on it. The security officer said he would be able to work with that. 

Got in about 8.15. There is a check of documents prior to security screening. Need your DS160, a passport picture, I797, your proof of status in Canada (PR, visa, etc). I have a Canadian PR. You then go through security. Although the email you get says there are no lockers, the folks at the office do hold your phones, keys, etc in a bin. I didnt take any electronics with me so it was a breeze. They kept my watch though. 

Was asked to go to counter 2 or 3 for initial check of documents (again), and then to counter 4 for finger prints. Then had to wait in the interview line (counters 6 or 7). There were about 10 people ahead of me. Both interviewers were ladies and I saw them specifically asking about the Do You Know Your Rights document that you get in Counter 2 or 3. This can also be found online. I took a quick peak into it. The two folks ahead of me got Pink and Yellow Slips, not sure what their cases were. I think one was a student. 

Interview Questions

1. Did not ask for any additional documents. What does your employer do?

2. What's your salary?

3. Are you visiting Canada? I told her I have a Canadian PR, she looked at it when I first gave her everything but forgot about it. 

4. How long have you been on H1? Asked a couple times since I was way over the 6 year period. 

5. Do you have an approved I140? - The answer was a resounding Yes

6. What do you specifically do? I read the original petition and supporting letter that my company had included in it. Make sure your job descriptions match whats in your petition and what you indicate on DS160. 

The officer said the visa has been approved and I should get my passport within 3-5 days. I am now in waiting mode for information from CPC. 

Thanks and good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, vasu_rocky said:

Ok, time to give back. Here is my stamping experience today (2/11) at Ottawa, Canada

Appointment scheduled at 8.15 AM. Reached @ 8.05. Asked for DS160 Confirmatin Page with the picture on it. For some reason I seemed to have misplaced it, but I had the original interview letter and instructions with barcode on it. The security officer said he would be able to work with that. 

Got in about 8.15. There is a check of documents prior to security screening. Need your DS160, a passport picture, I797, your proof of status in Canada (PR, visa, etc). I have a Canadian PR. You then go through security. Although the email you get says there are no lockers, the folks at the office do hold your phones, keys, etc in a bin. I didnt take any electronics with me so it was a breeze. They kept my watch though. 

Was asked to go to counter 2 or 3 for initial check of documents (again), and then to counter 4 for finger prints. Then had to wait in the interview line (counters 6 or 7). There were about 10 people ahead of me. Both interviewers were ladies and I saw them specifically asking about the Do You Know Your Rights document that you get in Counter 2 or 3. This can also be found online. I took a quick peak into it. The two folks ahead of me got Pink and Yellow Slips, not sure what their cases were. I think one was a student. 

Interview Questions

1. Did not ask for any additional documents. What does your employer do?

2. What's your salary?

3. Are you visiting Canada? I told her I have a Canadian PR, she looked at it when I first gave her everything but forgot about it. 

4. How long have you been on H1? Asked a couple times since I was way over the 6 year period. 

5. Do you have an approved I140? - The answer was a resounding Yes

6. What do you specifically do? I read the original petition and supporting letter that my company had included in it. Make sure your job descriptions match whats in your petition and what you indicate on DS160. 

The officer said the visa has been approved and I should get my passport within 3-5 days. I am now in waiting mode for information from CPC. 

Thanks and good luck. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. 

congrats thanks alot for sharing the info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

one of my cousin attended visa interview in ottawa this monday and asked to come for a second round of interview again. in the letters that they asked they asked for client supervisor letter.. so my question is in the client letter his directory is mentioned can he give his manager information or the director info in the client letter ??

can any one has ever faced a situation like this before. please let me know ?

Edited by kris8989