H1B Visa Stamping after 5 Years (Last Visit/stamped)

Tyagi2019

Hi, 

I'm going on vacation this month to India (Delhi consulate for stamping). But, Going after 5 years for stamping.

Last visit/stamped was Nov 2013. Before that Nov 2011/2009.

Will, there be any concern if going for stamping after this much longer? Should I plan or cancel it?

Going alone (H1B) for stamping. Spouse does have separate H1b.

Please suggest/Share your experiences 

Thanks,

Ashu

Are you maxing out H1B max physical stay limits ? Please verify before you travel. You will only get stamping till your max out period 

I hear that you got stamped in 2011/2009 - which is three years already

2013 -- now its 2019 H1B is for totals to 3+5.5 years which exceeds max stay if I am right?

or probably you have approved I-140 ?

Sorry for my ignorance ..if any

On 2/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, wunlee said:

Are you maxing out H1B max physical stay limits ? Please verify before you travel. You will only get stamping till your max out period 

I hear that you got stamped in 2011/2009 - which is three years already

2013 -- now its 2019 H1B is for totals to 3+5.5 years which exceeds max stay if I am right?

or probably you have approved I-140 ?

Sorry for my ignorance ..if any

Yes- I 140 is approved.

15 hours ago, Tyagi2019 said:

Yes. I -140 is approved. only thing- I don't have client letter.

I also had same issue. Client did not give me letter. In place of that I took email correspondance between me and my manager and to my luck my HR department was also involved in my email chain and they clearly explained why they cannot give me client letter. During my interview in Vancouver Canada, VO asked me client letter. I explained him and showed him mail. He saw it and said its good and he understands. You can also do same and be truthful to VO

Archived