*** Imp H4 visa interview

Hi All,

My husband is on  h1b now, His  h1b approved October 17,2018 , but he forget to apply h4 visa for me ( i am on dependent f2 visa)  ... so i heard from friends that my sevis will be terminated,, the day my husband  got H1b. we got to know this information on November 1st week by the time I had a 1 month  baby boy, and we had no passport,visa  of the baby..finally we received those all by dec15, and  i moved to India with my baby on dec27, 2018.  And here my i-94 is valid until dec17,2018

so now i am going to h4 visa interview, so in the Ds-160 what i need to say for this question :Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?

if yes, how they will treat me , is they will ban me  at all to the usa  ? and what will be the approval chances.  any thoughts ? TIA

On 2/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, nani9999 said:

Hi All,

My husband is on  h1b now, His  h1b approved October 17,2018 , but he forget to apply h4 visa for me ( i am on dependent f2 visa)  ... so i heard from friends that my sevis will be terminated,, the day my husband  got H1b. we got to know this information on November 1st week by the time I had a 1 month  baby boy, and we had no passport,visa  of the baby..finally we received those all by dec15, and  i moved to India with my baby on dec27, 2018.  And here my i-94 is valid until dec17,2018

so now i am going to h4 visa interview, so in the Ds-160 what i need to say for this question :Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?

if yes, how they will treat me , is they will ban me  at all to the usa  ? and what will be the approval chances.  any thoughts ? TIA

You need to say Yes and explain the reasons. Since you did not overstay for more than 180 days there will be no ban.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, shekar11# said:

You need to say Yes and explain the reasons. Since you did not overstay for more than 180 days there will be no ban.

yes, Shekar I followed the same, And I got the visa. thanks 

Edited by nani9999
spelling mistake
  • 10 months later...