Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GC For father - No Birth certificate

Recommended Posts

My father does not have birth certificate but he has the SSLC marks card with the date of birth specified.

Is this enough ? He has a self affidavit notarized specifying that his date of birth is as specified in the SSLC marks card.

As per this link, SSLC marks card is a valid document if birth certificate, can someone please confirm 



In cases in which a birth certificate from authorities is unavailable or contains insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, the following documents could be accepted as secondary evidence in lieu of the birth certificate:

  • School-leaving certificate, Matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant; or, a baptismal certificate from a church.


Share this post

Link to post

You will also need a NABC for the Birth Certificate. NonAvailability........ from the relevant district Offices. 

Then USCIS may very well offer you the option of a DNA test.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now