H1B VISA STAMPING AFTER DISMISSED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ARREST RECORD

Beta22

Hello, 

I'm on H1 B got arrested for DV (me and my wife were arguing and one of my neighbours complained,cops came and arrested me), got bailed the next day.Got the case dismissed by the DA even before the first court date.I have approved H1 B renewal. Came to India recently for a visit after 2 years. Attended h1b visa interview. Got 221g and the very next day got an email asking me submit police records and court documents.  I do not have a court record as the case was dismissed.  

What kind of other court documents can i submit in this case. I have a bail bond and a document which says that no charges were filed.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Edited by Beta22
4 hours ago, Beta22 said:

Hello, 

I'm on H1 B got arrested for DV (me and my wife were arguing and one of my neighbours complained,cops came and arrested me), got bailed the next day.Got the case dismissed by the DA even before the first court date.I have approved H1 B renewal. Came to India recently for a visit after 2 years. Attended h1b visa interview. Got 221g and the very next day got an email asking me submit police records and court documents.  I do not have a court record as the case was dismissed.  

What kind of other court documents can i submit in this case. I have a bail bond and a document which says that no charges were filed.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

If the case was dismissed, wouldn't you have a final disposition letter signed by the judge ? 

Along with the signed order of dismissal by the judge, send a copy of police report from the police office that made the arrest. 

If you are still confused, then consult with an attorney please.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...