Immigration attorney filed H4 EAD with Incorrect Applicant name which resulted in Job loss. How should I handle that attorney or firm?

Swethama

I am an immigrant and my status (H4+EAD) depends on my spouse's H1-B. My spouses organization hired an immigration firm to provide Visas & other immigration related services to needful employees. our Status & EAD due for an extension with 02/14/19 as last date. We requested the immigration attorneys to file the extensions 90 days before expiry as current USCIS Processing time is very high fearing a delay could cost my job. They dragged their feet with a very lousy process of irrelevant information Collection process and very poor communication. when questioned, they provided us a reason that my Spouse is eligible for Premium Processing & I'll get my H44+EAD along with H1B Approval. Finally, after many arguments with the help of Spouses Manager & HR, they filed extensions in 2nd week of January. Now, we received Approval for my Spouses H1 but not my Visa & EAD. Also, we just found out that the EAD form I-765 was filed incorrectly with my Spouses name instead of mine. Upon raising serious concerns, they say that it is just a "Clerical Error" & there is nothing anyone can do now which resulted in my resignation to my job.

Archived