All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kishore001

Online Masters Degree

Hi Everyone,

Currently I am on H4 visa. I am planning to enroll for Online Master's degree (Southern New Hampshire University). The reason for choosing Online classes are time and the location.

Can anyone clarify my doubts please ?

1. Is there any place that we can check University's Accreditation - Southern New Hampshire University
  2. Value of the degree In-class vs Online
  3. Will I eligible to apply for H1B in future in Advanced degree quota. (With Online Master's degree)

Appreciate your help !!

if you are planning to complete Master's program with only online classes, then you will not get F1 or OPT.   Usually, executives (working people), use online courses and programs for continuing education for their career and for eligibility for promotions at their work place.  If you are truly interested in learning subject and gain knowledge, it is better to go for on-campus programs at a university.

I don't think master's degree with online education is qualified for H1-Advanced degree quota.

If the institution is an accredited, public or non-profit private university, the degree can be used for the Master's quota.

Degrees from for-profit institutions can not be used.