Got RFE for Visitor Visa extension requesting proof for tourist activites

avinasht1

I applied for Visitor Visa extension for my mother in law through I-539.

She got a RFE requesting Chronological list of all tourist activities done since landed in US with documentary proof including receipts, bank statements, credit card statements, hotel invoices, rent receipts etc. 

RFE is also requesting for documentary evidence of places I said I visited in my request letter when I applied.

I'm unable to provide extensive travel proof as we only visited few places around my hometown.

Please advise how to handle this RFE. I'm afraid they might cancel her visa if I do not provide substantial proof. Is it better to withdraw her extension? She is currently 11 days past her maximum allowed stay. 

It's rather straightforward.. provide whats been asked for. No one on a public forum knows what she did or where she visited. You can't give what you don't have, so provide what you have. 

What does a tourist need more than 6 months for?  About time USCIS begins cracking down on frivolous extension requests. 

From the facts provided, it seems to me that the visitor i94 extension request  will eventually be denied and she will face issues in coming back to USA. Depending upon when the extension was filed, it can be assumed by DHS that it was her intention to apply for extension and stay beyond initial i94 expiration. This can be considered unlawful presence right now. She should leave asap and come back under an "appropriate" visa classification if she is eligible. You seem to be stuck in a web of lies. This frivolous  extension application simply made it more difficult for her to come back next time.

This is a very good example to consult a law firm before you make such decisions.

Let me share my story. When my wife was pregnant, we applied for a Visa for her parents. The reason for visiting: Daughter was pregnant. This was a complicated pregnancy (borne out by ObGyn letter) and we also mentioned that we were GC (at that time), had insurance (provided proof) and that insurance would not work in India. They would like to be with their daughter when she was about have her first child. 

Planned stay was only for twelve weeks. (Eight weeks before due date to four weeks after due date).  No issues with interview. At PoE they mentioned the exact reason and told the officer that they would like to remain for 12 weeks but it was up to him to issue the I-94 (they used the word "permit")  as he deems fit. Issued a I-94 for 180 days and the kind officer told them that in case of any issues with childbirth or an emergency, they would most probably receive a very favorable outcome from USCIS for an extension (none was needed). 

This was in 2006; things may have changed. 

- GcLLC

4 hours ago, GcLLC said:

Let me share my story. When my wife was pregnant, we applied for a Visa for her parents. The reason for visiting: Daughter was pregnant. This was a complicated pregnancy (borne out by ObGyn letter) and we also mentioned that we were GC (at that time), had insurance (provided proof) and that insurance would not work in India. They would like to be with their daughter when she was about have her first child. 

Planned stay was only for twelve weeks. (Eight weeks before due date to four weeks after due date).  No issues with interview. At PoE they mentioned the exact reason and told the officer that they would like to remain for 12 weeks but it was up to him to issue the I-94 (they used the word "permit")  as he deems fit. Issued a I-94 for 180 days and the kind officer told them that in case of any issues with childbirth or an emergency, they would most probably receive a very favorable outcome from USCIS for an extension (none was needed). 

- GcLLC

And you may get somebody not so understanding. It is a gamble, and I think It is foolish to hope you get an understanding guy at the POE...

Years back, in the late 90s, I was traveling back to the US from Vancouver, Canada. I was on H1. The officer asked what I am doing in the US, I said "working". He apparently didn't like my answer, and went through my luggage, trying to find I don't know what. All he got was my used underwear... The behavior changed dramatically as soon as I had a GC. .

On 2/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, GcLLC said:

- GcLLC

They have.

Abuse/misuse of the B2 visa / 5.5 month "visits" / frivolous extension requests.. are all under extensive scrutiny. Did we notice OP hasn't logged back online. 

Archived