H1B Stamping concerns, Salary less than USD60000

AJ555

Hi All,

I got my H1B approved last November. I have a I797A approval notice with valid I94. I am planning to go to India for my H1B stamping.

I have completed my Masters in USA and I am a full time employee. Currently my salary is USD50000 which is less than the LCA amount USD60000. Will this be a problem during my H1B visa interview ? 

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sorry I should have been more clear while posting the question. 

My salary is USD50000 and LCA filled by my employer with H1B petition has mentioned the same amount. My question is that in few other websites I have read that the minimum salary for H1B should be USD60000. As my salary is less than that will this cause any problem for me during my H1B Visa interview ? 

whdfs62q.pdf

3 hours ago, AJ555 said:

My salary is USD50000 and LCA filled by my employer with H1B petition has mentioned the same amount. My question is that in few other websites I have read that the minimum salary for H1B should be USD60000. As my salary is less than that will this cause any problem for me during my H1B Visa interview ? 

whdfs62q.pdf

That $60K figure applies only if the employer is an H1-dependent employer. There are unfortunately a lot of websites out there that spread half-truths.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, AJ555 said:

whdfs62q.pdf

Legally you are ok . The amount shown on the LCA should match the amount on your W2. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all your help guys. I have successfully completed my visa stamping in Mumbai US Consulate. Please see below my Visa Experience 

VO: Please hand me your password !

Aj555: Handed the password.

VO: What is your highest degree of qualification ?

Aj555: I have Masters degree from University XXXXXXX .

VO: What is your Salary ?

Aj555: 50000 USD per year

VO: Please explain your work duties ?

Aj555: I started to explain and VO stopped me in about 20 seconds stating that she was satisfied with the answer.

VO: Do you work in house or client location ?

Aj555: In house.

VO: Congratulations !!! your visa approved.

She handed me a white book which contains the information about rights which we have on H1B visa.