All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vik_singh

221g Green Slip Toronto - No document asked

I went for H1B- VISA interview at Toronto, Canada. Visa Officer didn't asked for any documents from me like client letter or company letter except approved i797 after giving all the answer he took my petition and returned the passport with green color slip by selecting an option where it says that your VISA application need additional admin processing and their is no action required from your side.

Now I am in confusion what will happen next and how long will it take?

what is your work related to  can u give us some background?They will reachout to your email if they need any further details ,Until then you need to wait .May be 1-3 weeks is the usual wait period to Clear 221g . 

Looks like the officer wanted to verify the petition. May be it is not showing up in their database. May be something else. Nobody here knows for sure.

How long will it take ? No body knows as it depends on the case and what is it that they need to verify. Usually most admin processings are cleared in a month on average. 

1 hour ago, Callisto said:

what is your work related to  can u give us some background?They will reachout to your email if they need any further details ,Until then you need to wait .May be 1-3 weeks is the usual wait period to Clear 221g . 

Actually they asked me questions on my Green card i140 approvals and I said yes, Visa officer asked questions on my salary how long I am with my current employer and at last took my i797 and gave me the Green color paper with no documents required asked about me and my wife's qualifications about my Salary so I told them current salary what I was getting in close to what i had in Ds-160

9 hours ago, 02112018 said:

Wait game. If your profile is clean, Don't have to worry. Have enough money to stay there.

Thanks, my profile is clean actually during interview i missed to carry the copy of i140 but did mentioned the A number in DS-160, He didnt ask me for any document just asked is your I140 approved I said yes. 

8 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Each 221G is unique. Without know your background what questions asked and what actually happened we cannot tell...

I was in USA from 2011 on h1b and never change my employer, done my bachelors in computer science and having 10 years of experience with technical manager position. Petition approved on Jan-2 and received approval notice on Jan-14.

VO - Hi

Me- Good morning 

VO - Please pass the passport and H1b approval notice 

Me - Gave mine(recent one with last visa was stamped) and wife passport with approved H1b approval petition 

VO - This is for renewal 

Me - Yes 

VO - Your kid is USA citizen and how old is she 

Me - Yes, 34 month old.

VO - Do you have enter USA illegally in past 

Me - No 

VO - Do you face any challenges while entering USA on borders 

Me - No 

VO - How long are you with your employer 

Me - 10 years 

VO - do you sit at client location what is client name 

Me - yes, gave the same address as per my petition

VO - Is your i140 approved, 

Me - Yes , told that copy is with employer not carrying with me right now it was approved in 2016 

VO - Is your green card in Process 

Me - yes

VO- What is your salary

Me - 100k +  

VO - What is my education 

Me - Bachelors of Engineering - Computer Science 

VO - Ask my wife about education 

My Wife - Bachelors of Engineering in computer science 

VO- Gave me green color 221g as attached also took my original copy of petition and ask me to wait to hear from them.

Me - Took the passport and returned home.

Edited by Vik_singh

10 hours ago, xTDx said:

Looks like the officer wanted to verify the petition. May be it is not showing up in their database. May be something else. Nobody here knows for sure.

How long will it take ? No body knows as it depends on the case and what is it that they need to verify. Usually most admin processings are cleared in a month on average. 

Thanks that could be the chance because I got my petition approval on Jan-14 only , and it was approved on Jan-2-2019.

I also faced 221G scenario in Vancouver Canada with wife and kid. Your interview looks pretty much straight forward and they want to check background. If feel you will get but little wait game. My profile has my email id. Please mail me with your number. I will call you with Whatsapp. I would like to speak with you.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, Vik_singh said:

Thanks that could be the chance because I got my petition approval on Jan-14 only , and it was approved on Jan-2-2019.

@Vik_singhAs your petition was approved on Jan 2 and high chances would be updated info to consulates haven't received. I know everyone's case is unique and all is what we can assume. Hope you will get clear this hurdle soon! Good Luck!

Hello, 

I was given 221g green in Toronto. No documents asked from me or Company. VO said that I have come prepared and mentioned that admin processing is needed and will take couple of weeks and will let me know so that I can drop my passport for the stamping. 

He kept my resume and returned 797 and passport. 

Questions were straightforward and nothing complicated or any explanations asked.   Company is one among Big 4. 

Questions as below

1.which company,

2.Client(said multiple clients but I work from the company office which is a delivery center)

3.spouse company

4.MS in what and where 

Had multiple H1B stampings done in India before in Delhi,Chennai,Hyderabad. Was on F1 and on H1B for 12 years.  No 221g history until now. 

My H1b was approved on Jan 15 2019 through consular processing(Toronto) and I attended interview on Feb 13. 

Anyone stuck in Toronto on 221g, please let me know so that we can chat.

regards

Edited by Suman397
Additional details added

On 1/24/2019 at 10:18 PM, Vik_singh said:

Hi, 

Any updates/progress you have? 

Regards

Hello Vik, 

we are couple of folks stuck in Toronto with 221g green slip. No documents asked scenario. 

We have a WhatsApp group and wondering if you can let us know what happened on your case. 

Incase you want to join our WhatsApp group, please mail me at my email sumht397@gmail.com

What 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, Suman397 said:

Hello Vik, 

we are couple of folks stuck in Toronto with 221g green slip. No documents asked scenario. 

We have a WhatsApp group and wondering if you can let us know what happened on your case. 

Incase you want to join our WhatsApp group, please mail me at my email sumht397@gmail.com

What happened? Any updates on the case?