221g(Blue) issued for H1B stamping at Chennai Consulate

Nikhil Ramesh

Hello Everyone,
I had my H1B stamping interview at the Chennai Consulate. Was issued a 221g(blue) asking for client details and tax docs for the company

I am actually a full time employee at a tech company in the Bay Area that sells software to customers, i as a consultant travel to the customer site 10% of the time for workshops,trainings. I do not work for a staffing agency.

The lawyers have submitted docs to justify the same and also the bonafides of the company like the in-house product details and documents to show that we have a physical office space.

Has anybody faced this? What would be the resolution time given the details on the case

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

2 hours ago, Nikhil Ramesh said:

Hello Everyone,
I had my H1B stamping interview at the Chennai Consulate. Was issued a 221g(blue) asking for client details and tax docs for the company

I am actually a full time employee at a tech company in the Bay Area that sells software to customers, i as a consultant travel to the customer site 10% of the time for workshops,trainings. I do not work for a staffing agency.

The lawyers have submitted docs to justify the same and also the bonafides of the company like the in-house product details and documents to show that we have a physical office space.

Has anybody faced this? What would be the resolution time given the details on the case

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Consulates do extra processing for In-house products/projects. They want to be 100% sure about the documentation submitted.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, Nikhil Ramesh said:

Guys just a question, the VO asked for tax docs for the company but the attorneys have submitted funding details for the startup and utility bills to show that we have a physical office space.

Will these docs suffice since the idea behind submitting the tax docs is to show the bonafides of the company?

Should be good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 2:11 AM, Krishna.jira7 said:

Can you tell the questions asked and what all the other documents they asked..?

1) End client letter (does not apply since i am a FTE for a product startup and work with customers to implement the software)

2) Project Description, itinerary of services, people assigned, etc

3) Petitioners Tax Docs for the past 2 years

4) Market demand for the product 

Most of this was not applicable, everything was addressed by the lawyers accordingly. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived