All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cvd

Can you return to US from Mexico/Canada while case in pending under 221g

I had my visa interview on  Jan 2019 in Tijuana, Mexico. I received a 221(g) form - stating additional administrative processing required. I asked the VO can I reenter the USA - and he said YES with a valid petition, even though visa is expired. 

I am not sure if this is correct or not. Does anyone else have any experience with this? 
Thanks for your help. 

20 hours ago, cvd said:

I had my visa interview on  Jan 2019 in Tijuana, Mexico. I received a 221(g) form - stating additional administrative processing required. I asked the VO can I reenter the USA - and he said YES with a valid petition, even though visa is expired. 

I am not sure if this is correct or not. Does anyone else have any experience with this? 
Thanks for your help. 

It is a 50/50 chance. Sometimes POE officers give temporary I-94. But that depends on a case by case basis. Since your visa expired it is just like taking a chance.

If it is withing 30 days from the date you left USA, you can come back I believe. I read it somewhere on Murthy it self. You can visit Canada and Mexico with Valid 797

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:45 PM, urloggedin said:

If it is withing 30 days from the date you left USA, you can come back I believe. I read it somewhere on Murthy it self. You can visit Canada and Mexico with Valid 797

@urloggedin: Yes, there is a way that you can return back from Canada/Mexico if your trip is for lessthan 30 days provided you should not attend for USA visa interview and get 221(g)/admin processing RFEs.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html