Job termination effect on Green Card/Citizenship

Hello,

Green card sponsored employer terminated the position with in six months of getting it. What are the implications on my green card now or in the future while applying for citizenship ?

More details..... 

With lots of hopes, I have recently moved from India and got my Green Card; 5 and half months ago. (Attended visa interview through Consular processing - Employment based)

After the formalities, I have joined the job (full-time position) at my GC/Visa sponsored employer. All went well for few months; unfortunately due to high expectations/performance reasons or other unknown reasons of my manager/trainer, my job was terminated after 2 and half months in to it. 

Since I have already have green card and the sponsored employer terminated the job with in six months of getting the Green card, what are the implications on my Green card now or during applying citizenship in the future. I am already in process of attending interviews for my next job, and will find one soon.

Since they terminated the position, my employer also offered me the option of Resignation in lieu of termination. I have few more days to tell my decision.

What are the implications on my Green Card now or Citizenship in the future? Does it matter if sponsored employer terminated the position or if I opt to resign in lieu of termination, with in six months of getting green card.

Sorry for the long question. Hope someone clears my confusion/question.

Thanks in advance. Have a good day!

6 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

There is absolutely no problem if you are laid off. Employers have the right to lay you off just as you have the right to leave. Under the circumstances let them terminate your employment. There should be no issues in the future.

Thanks for your quick reply!!

Archived