Filing H4 EAD Application i-765

CSGo

I am on H1-B and I-140 approved. My wife has her OPT till 15-Feb-2019. Her H1-B was selected in the lottery and got denied on 20-Nov-2018. As per her denial notice, she was out-of-status due to AUG 9th Memo. She immediately left to home country and came back on H4 visa on 9-Jan-2019. 

Right now, I am filing her H4 EAD application I-765 since my I-140 is approved and she's on H4 visa.

Now while filling information on the i-765 form, what should I input on the Question 12: Have you previously filed Form-i765? Yes or No. And Question 8: Alien Registration Number(A-number) ?.. I am asking this because her OPT expires on 15-Feb 2019 (Not sure if her OPT is still valid or expired because of the Aug9th memo) and anyhow she left the country and came back on H4 visa in-order to obey AUG 9th memo. 

Please help me what should I input on Question8 and Question12 on the I-765?... I need your opinion. 

13 hours ago, CSGo said:

I am on H1-B and I-140 approved. My wife has her OPT till 15-Feb-2019. Her H1-B was selected in the lottery and got denied on 20-Nov-2018. As per her denial notice, she was out-of-status due to AUG 9th Memo. She immediately left to home country and came back on H4 visa on 9-Jan-2019. 

Right now, I am filing her H4 EAD application I-765 since my I-140 is approved and she's on H4 visa.

Now while filling information on the i-765 form, what should I input on the Question 12: Have you previously filed Form-i765? Yes or No. And Question 8: Alien Registration Number(A-number) ?.. I am asking this because her OPT expires on 15-Feb 2019 (Not sure if her OPT is still valid or expired because of the Aug9th memo) and anyhow she left the country and came back on H4 visa in-order to obey AUG 9th memo. 

Please help me what should I input on Question8 and Question12 on the I-765?... I need your opinion. 

Que 12: Answer is Yes. Because you filed a I-765 earlier for OPT.

Que 8: It is a number that starts with A. Can be found on OPT card.

Thank you for the reply shekar11. I'm still trying to understand why she needs to put her A-number. Upto my understanding, as per Aug 9th memo she was out of status while on her OPT. She left the country and came back on H4 visa. Now as per your answer, I agree for question 12, Answer is YES. But, I'm still trying to understand why should she put her A-number. ? Can someone elaborate more on this?

Archived