Part time work when on H1-B

anonymousimmigrant

1 hour ago, anonymousimmigrant said:

Hi,

I am currently on H1-B visa and teach high school students during my free time for a small fee. I am accepting cash at the moment so I am almost sure there won't be an issue here.

But what happens if I am accepting money from my students through an online bank transfer, online check, PayPal, Venmo etc. Will there be any risks while applying for GC?

What you are doing and planning to do in future is considered highly illegal under your immigration status. The only suggestion you will get here is to stop it right away.

I know a case where someone was accepting cash for pizza delivery. One day he was involved in an accident because of someone else's fault. Police got involved and then immigration. Rest you can imagine. You have already violated your status and you will be lying on your extensions and future GC application/s as well.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, anonymousimmigrant said:

Hi,

I am currently on H1-B visa and teach high school students during my free time for a small fee. I am accepting cash at the moment so I am almost sure there won't be an issue here.

But what happens if I am accepting money from my students through an online bank transfer, online check, PayPal, Venmo etc. Will there be any risks while applying for GC?

You need to stop teaching immediately, and inform the students/parents that you're not authorized to teach. The US issued you an H1b visa to work one particular job and you must adhere to the conditions thereof. 

You should also report payments already received to the IRS. 

6 hours ago, anonymousimmigrant said:

Hi,

That is illegal. You have to stop doing this immediately.

Archived