GC for parents

GC for parents

Hello

I have a couple of questions as it relates to applying for green card for parents

1. Is it better to apply for the GC for parents while they are in India or when they arrive in the US. 

2. If we apply for them while they are in India, will they be able to travel to US on visitor visa (they currently hold B1/B2 visa), or does the application for green card cancel the visitor visa. 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I did concurrent filings of both my parents (I-130, I-485, EAD & advance parole applications) in June 2018. They got EAD, AD, SSN in mid-Oct 2018. Their i-485 is getting processed at National benefit center, Kansas. We have been waiting for GC interview and haven't heard anything. The current waiting times for family based at NBC shows 11 -30 months. Q1/ Is anyone in the same boat? Q2/ What looks to be potential window for the interview call for such scenarios? Q3/ My parents will leave for India soon and plan to come back for interview, they are travelling with AP to come back to USA, any other essential documents they should take to help them to come back to US.

• 2 months later...

Archived