Company is Not allowing to return to work | H-1B Pending Processing | Harassment & Promotion Issues

joshuah81

Dear Staff,

I have faced harassment at work, which I have reported to the upper management. And I went on medical leave from June 13th, last year. Still on medical leave.

My I-140 for EB-2 got approved on Sep 04th. My 3 Yr extension of H-1B is pending response to the RFE. Per current update, it will be responded by Jan 28th.

I was ready to return to work on Oct 22nd with doctor's note, but was told that my Position got closed. Had never been notified or received any official communication regarding the termination. They told that they will look for similar position within the company. They upgraded the H-1B to Premium in November and awaiting decision.

Meanwhile my Pay has been reduced to 60% since the start of medical leave. The income is through a Disability Insurance provider.

My concern is that,

(1) The company is not allowing me to return to work. When the position is closed, is it legal for the company to process the H1B and keep me on hold

(2) My harassment related complaint was never investigated and performance review, supposed to be conducted in June 2018 never happened. I have a very good track record of performance for the last 4 years with the company and have all the necessary performance appraisal documents

I would like to seek action on the company for not (1) allowing me to return to work, (2) for less pay (3) lack of promotion and most importantly harassment

Please advice if you would be able to guide me on this. else, could you please at least direct me to the known contact from your end..

Best,
Joshuah

The only valid issue is the "harassment". If you were under the impression that you were contacting the firm of Murthy , then you are wrong. This is a forum. If you wish to contact the firm of Murthy, their contact detail is on the website.

As regards the 'harassment" you may need to involve a Lawyer to sue them depending on what the situation was.

Archived