H1b stamping when H1b amendment in progress?

pankaj85

Hi, Can someone please help me here?

My H1B Amendment is in progress for location and client change but I also do have i797 approved with previous client /work location. Because of some unavoidable scenarios I do have to travel India and also need to attain visa interview for H1B stamping. Can someone please let me know which receipt number do I have to mentioned in DS160 and in Visa appointment Stanley form ? (H1B Amendment receipt number or number from previous approved petition)?

FYI ... My company suggested me to mentioned new H1B Amendment receipt number in DS160 and also in Visa appointment Stanley form. Also start date and end date should be from previous approved petition (in visa appointment Stanley form).

Thanks in Advance.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:17 PM, pankaj85 said:

Hi, Can someone please help me here?

My H1B Amendment is in progress for location and client change but I also do have i797 approved with previous client /work location. Because of some unavoidable scenarios I do have to travel India and also need to attain visa interview for H1B stamping. Can someone please let me know which receipt number do I have to mentioned in DS160 and in Visa appointment Stanley form ? (H1B Amendment receipt number or number from previous approved petition)?

FYI ... My company suggested me to mentioned new H1B Amendment receipt number in DS160 and also in Visa appointment Stanley form. Also start date and end date should be from previous approved petition (in visa appointment Stanley form).

Thanks in Advance.

You need to follow your employer's advice. It is risky but since the trip is an emergency you can take a chance.

Archived