My H1B Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

Hema Reddy

Hi,

My H1B extension was denied in Feb 2018 and my employer applied for MTR in March 2018. Yesterday, my denied H1B case status was updated to "Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration" with the following description. 

On January 14, 2019, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC17XXXXXXX, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 13, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

However, my MTR (I-290B) case status still shows "Case Was Received". How can I understand this? Any help is highly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, Hema Reddy said:

Hi,

My H1B extension was denied in Feb 2018 and my employer applied for MTR in March 2018. Yesterday, my denied H1B case status was updated to "Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration" with the following description. 

On January 14, 2019, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC17XXXXXXX, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 13, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

However, my MTR (I-290B) case status still shows "Case Was Received". How can I understand this? Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi...Even mine is the same situation.....both mtr and h1 status are same like you, only the date is different....your's is Jan 14 and mine March 19. Please let me know if you have got any update by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, Hema Reddy said:

Hi,

Any update on this