Health Insurance not added in W2

vera24

Hello,

I paid my employer sponsored health coverage but it is not shown on W2.  Which shows less than my LCA in Box 1 of W2 but Salary is paid as per LCA.

Ex : LCA $60,000 ,Health coverage paid $4000, Paystub shows YTD earnings $ 60,000 but in W2 box 1 shows $60,000 - $4000 = $ 56,000.

I have seen when you go for stamping visa officer looks for LCA and W2 for salary comparison. Please suggest.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:05 AM, vera24 said:

Hello,

I paid my employer sponsored health coverage but it is not shown on W2.  Which shows less than my LCA in Box 1 of W2 but Salary is paid as per LCA.

Ex : LCA $60,000 ,Health coverage paid $4000, Paystub shows YTD earnings $ 60,000 but in W2 box 1 shows $60,000 - $4000 = $ 56,000.

I have seen when you go for stamping visa officer looks for LCA and W2 for salary comparison. Please suggest.

You need to talk to your employer regarding this situation.

Request the paychecks company to send you a detailed work report on your case. Your employer can get it. It will explain exactly how much you earned and the medical insurance deductions on it. clearly. You can see the GROSS earnings and net earnings. Keep that for your record . You can use that document for H1B extension filings. 

• 1 month later...

Archived