Can I stay and work after 240 days of I-94 expiry

vasavirm

Hi,

I have applied H1-B extn in Apr-2018 (45 days before expiry of I-94) , My I-94 expired on Jun-2018, and 240 days are ending by end of Jan-2019.

I have got an RFE Nov-2018. I got a promotion in Jul-2018 and now before submitting my RFE, My Employer submitted an amendment and they are submitting RFE this week.

That means, I have H1-B extension and Designation change Amendment.

Now They says due to huge government delays, (Certain cases like Extension with Amendment) we can work beyond 240 days until we get a decision from USCIS.

Is this true?

Previously (Before they identified about my amendment) they told me, I will be moved to LOP after 240 days.

I did not find any information in online about this certain cases or due to government delays.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, vasavirm said:

Hi,

I have applied H1-B extn in Apr-2018 (45 days before expiry of I-94) , My I-94 expired on Jun-2018, and 240 days are ending by end of Jan-2019.

I have got an RFE Nov-2018. I got a promotion in Jul-2018 and now before submitting my RFE, My Employer submitted an amendment and they are submitting RFE this week.

That means, I have H1-B extension and Designation change Amendment.

Now They says due to huge government delays, (Certain cases like Extension with Amendment) we can work beyond 240 days until we get a decision from USCIS.

Is this true?

Previously (Before they identified about my amendment) they told me, I will be moved to LOP after 240 days.

I did not find any information in online about this certain cases or due to government delays.

You need to re confirm and get a second opinion on this question from a immigration attorney.

Archived