Visa for Face - Face final interview round in US for job in India

kaushalpanjwani

Hello All,

I need to appear for a final face - face interview round in US. This is for a job in India.
I am assuming I will apply for B1 Visa.

- Can someone confirm if B1 is the right Visa category
- Also, what all documents should I take for Visa interview
- Finally, is there a template for invitation letter for this scenario?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

It is weird and a clear case for denial under B1

On 1/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, kaushalpanjwani said:

Hello All,

I need to appear for a final face - face interview round in US. This is for a job in India.
I am assuming I will apply for B1 Visa.

- Can someone confirm if B1 is the right Visa category
- Also, what all documents should I take for Visa interview
- Finally, is there a template for invitation letter for this scenario?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

If your case has any merits, your future employer should be doing all of the decision making in calling you to US for interview. There is no reason IMHO for you to be in USA for a position based in India. Again, you should consult your future employer for getting guidance on this. As said before, a B1 under the details provided will promptly be rejected in current times.

Ok, did not realize this would be considered so shady.

This is for a senior position and my  US employer (a startup) and I as well wants to meet in person for final round (after several telephonic/ skype conversations) to evaluate and consider this relationship. They are not an expert on the visa and hence were looking at me to suggest the right way. 

I have been to US several times but always as an employee of the organization, this is first time I plan to travel for a potential employer.

However, thanks for sharing your opinions, sounds like this is a no-go.

11 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

Well, if you already have an established travel history, then this trip should not be a problem...my concerns if this was your first proposed trip needing to apply for a B1, that the entire story makes very little sense...you have been to the US before, as you say...why no interview on those occasions?

As i said earlier, my past experience with such cases was that they were largely bogus for first timers....for many reasons...yours may be the exception, and there is no other asset an applicant could have than a good travel history.

Yes have interviewed everytime I got the visa. But my past B1 has expired therefore will have to apply fresh.

As I said earlier, that was simpler as I was travelling on a visa applied by my employer then. This time it is for a potential employer. 

Archived