All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
permand140

H4 to F1

Hello All,

My Spouse is planning to join University for MS. She is on H4 visa and she is in US now

If she gets the college admission, does she needs to have the F1 Visa or she can start complete the MS on H4 Visa itself?

Pls advice. Thanks in advance

She can study just fine on H4. Depending on the state, she may also be eligible for in-state tuition with the H4.

Thanks for your responses

In mid of the MS degree, if she goes to India, does she needs to go for F1 stamping or without going for F1 stamping she can come back on H4?

18 hours ago, JoeF said:

She can study just fine on H4. Depending on the state, she may also be eligible for in-state tuition with the H4.

Can you pls describe,  what is depending on the state and in-state tution? Sorry I am new to this so just catching up on these. 

4 hours ago, permand140 said:

Can you pls describe,  what is depending on the state and in-state tution? Sorry I am new to this so just catching up on these. 

Several states, I know for sure California and Texas, make people eligible for instate tuition if the person is in a status that allows to have a residence in the state (in other words, a status that allows immigration intent, like H1,H4, L1, L2) and if the person has loved in the state for the previous year

The registrar of the university would know all this.

Here is a link from UCLA explaining this for California: https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Fees-Residence/Residence-Requirements/Classification-as-a-Resident

Similar rules exist for Texas, and for several other states.