All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
permand140

B2 Visa while H1 Extn is InProgress

Hello all,  Thanks in advance for replying to this post

Can you please let me know, if I can apply B2 visa for my parents while my H1 Extn is In Progress

Thanks

You don't apply for their B2. They apply and they have to qualify based on their merits. Your H1 has no influence on that.

Edited by JoeF

Thank You for your response.

But since I am doing the documentation and interview slots along with the Invitation letter from my side, USCIS considers I am applying their B2 and inviting them?

If I understand correctly, whatever the case My H1 Extn In Progress status, will not impact the B2 Processing? Please clarify again

Thanks

You're free to help fill in the online ds160 and schedule slots, but the fact remains the Embassy considers your parents to be the applicants. You're an unofficial agent. 

Take a moment to go through numerous posts in this subforum related to US visitor visas. Nothing is required from you! No US invitations, no financial support documentation, nothing! 

5 hours ago, permand140 said:

Thank You for your response.

But since I am doing the documentation and interview slots along with the Invitation letter from my side, USCIS considers I am applying their B2 and inviting them?

If I understand correctly, whatever the case My H1 Extn In Progress status, will not impact the B2 Processing? Please clarify again

Thanks

You are NOT applying for their visa. Period.

They apply and have to qualify on their own.