L1-A visa for delivery manager for a small service company

Ritbha

I work for a small service company from India.. we are planning to expand our business in the USA.. no presence in the USA as of now. so my Indian company is interested in applying my L1A. My designation is delivery manager.. they changed my designation from solutions architect to deliver manager last year in order to process L1-A. I have been with them for more than 8 years.. but our business model in the USA is mostly providing services to our only one client by staffing people in them. They have promised that they will give us a long term contract for 10 people. Also we are looking for other clients. We are planning to hire 5 people in the USA soon. Am I eligible for L1a as we are not actually a product development company / any products. We have our friends homes as registered office in 4 different cities in the USA. We don’t have any office space other than this. We are a very small service company. Please let me know. This would be very helpful for me. 

5 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

sounds shady....who are you going manage...? Yourself? that does not qualify...nor will the promise to hire more people. I put such L1A applications under an electron microscope to find the flaws-  and there were numerous ones.

Thank you for your reply. What if we hire 5 people now (mostly on H1B) and then go for the visa? I’ll be managing those 5 resources at this client location.. Can I work at client office or should I work at our office only? 

1 hour ago, Provence said:

Adding to Noah's response above, this sounds even shadier still. 

Your primary intent comes across as finding a loophole to get into the US. 

And probably apply i140 under EB1-C. If your intents are true why not consult a law firm ? Or are you planning to file your petitions yourself.

Archived