LCA Amount Changed

rajiv460

Hi 

My old LCA had 83k as the wage and I was being paid sufficiently but I had to apply for H1 renewal in April 2018 when my employer put 90k as my LCA wage and my H1 renewal got approved in June. I am planning on going for stamping in India in Feb and when I verified my total pay of last year it came upto 85k. There is a 5K gap but this new LCA wouldnt kick off until April 2018. 

Is this something I can justify to the consulate?

Thanks

3 hours ago, rajiv460 said:

Hi 

My old LCA had 83k as the wage and I was being paid sufficiently but I had to apply for H1 renewal in April 2018 when my employer put 90k as my LCA wage and my H1 renewal got approved in June. I am planning on going for stamping in India in Feb and when I verified my total pay of last year it came upto 85k. There is a 5K gap but this new LCA wouldnt kick off until April 2018. 

Is this something I can justify to the consulate?

Thanks

You must get paid as per the LCA. If you have been paid as per the LCA, you are good. If your new wages will only be applicable after April, wouldnt it be a common sense that your total salary for 2018 will be less than 90k assuming there are no other payouts like overtime and stock bonuses etc?

3 hours ago, xTDx said:

You must get paid as per the LCA. If you have been paid as per the LCA, you are good. If your new wages will only be applicable after April, wouldnt it be a common sense that your total salary for 2018 will be less than 90k assuming there are no other payouts like overtime and stock bonuses etc?

Thank you for the reply. I talked to my employer and looks like90k was mentioned in the i129 not on the lca. Is proposed wages on 129 important like the wage in kca

Archived