All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
syiru

H 4 EAD Application

Hi All,

I am about to apply H 4 EAD. I have following questions. Kindly help me.

1. What documents are needed to H 4 EAD? Do i need to do any notaries?

2. Even though my I 140 is approved, my employer did not shared the approved copy but i still hold the receipt copy. Is receipt copy is enough?

3. My I 94 has old passport number( passport got expired) and on my New H 1 approval copy i have the same I 94 # where it reflects the old passport number. While applying to USCIS for H 4 EAD should i keep both of my passport copies ( Expired -as this is reflecting in I 94 copy and Current Passport)?

4. If i have to keep both the copies of passport should i mention it on right top corner to differentiate the old passport and new passport?

Check out the I-765 form instructions for basic documents and supporting documents.  Instructions are very clear.  Do your homework first instead of asking on forums.

2. Regarding I-140 approval notice, you can request a copy from the USCIS if your employer is not providing one.  How can you trust an employer if they are not sharing information pertaining to you.

3. Yes, you need to submit both old and new passport information pages.  Doesn't hurt to note "old passport" and "new passport" on the top of the copies and highlight expiration date on old passport.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:11 AM, syiru said:

Hi All,

I am about to apply H 4 EAD. I have following questions. Kindly help me.

1. What documents are needed to H 4 EAD? Do i need to do any notaries?

2. Even though my I 140 is approved, my employer did not shared the approved copy but i still hold the receipt copy. Is receipt copy is enough?

3. My I 94 has old passport number( passport got expired) and on my New H 1 approval copy i have the same I 94 # where it reflects the old passport number. While applying to USCIS for H 4 EAD should i keep both of my passport copies ( Expired -as this is reflecting in I 94 copy and Current Passport)?

4. If i have to keep both the copies of passport should i mention it on right top corner to differentiate the old passport and new passport?

Employer not sharing I-140 copy does not sound right. Something is wrong.

8 hours ago, satya2k1 said:

Check out the I-765 form instructions for basic documents and supporting documents.  Instructions are very clear.  Do your homework first instead of asking on forums.

2. Regarding I-140 approval notice, you can request a copy from the USCIS if your employer is not providing one.  How can you trust an employer if they are not sharing information pertaining to you.

3. Yes, you need to submit both old and new passport information pages.  Doesn't hurt to note "old passport" and "new passport" on the top of the copies and highlight expiration date on old passport.

Thank you Satya for your response. Few Last questions.

1. Cover Letter should be printed or hand written while sending the details? 

2. My last H 1 approval starts with LIN. Should i send it to Texas?

3. I am doing it for my wife by myself. does it an attorney?

4. Should i write on back of passport size photos

Edited by syiru

1.  Hand written or printed, letter should be legible with original signature.

2. Check instructions again.. the filing center is depend on where you live not previous petition

3. If you are not comfortable doing yourself, then hire an attorney...but attorney is not mandatory

4. Follow instructions, if they have anything to write on back of photos.  I would not make any pen lines impression on the photos.