Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

J1 trasfer after getting NORI approved

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I recently got my NORI approved in December 2018. I have J1 visa valid until September 2019. I have to change my lab to another university (probably other state) because of short of funding in current lab. Does anyone know if I can change my J1 to another university and start processing my H1B visa there in new university? or I need to process my H1B from same university from where I applied for NORI? What should I do?

Does NORI approval mean I cant change my J1 employer? Please help if anyone knows.

Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post

Hi there,

As long as you do not change your J1 status to any other status, it should be fine. You can change the university while maintaining your J1 but after that you can not apply for H1B unless you get the waiver. I just recently joined this forum and in process of getting NORi approved. Would like to contact on email? my email is sbankar311@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now