Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

H4 Travel to US

Recommended Posts

I did a H1 transfer from company A to B and the current petition with company B is valid till Apr 2021. 
Me and my dependents have valid visa from company A till 2019 August. My dependents are still in India. Now I need to travel India for an emergency for a week.

Can i travel back with my old stamped visa from company A along with my family? My Family is in India and will travel for the first time

Share this post

Link to post

Yes you can use the old visa stamp.

Just make sure that you present your I797 Approval from company B also along with your passport to the Port-of-Entry officer when you come back. It is very important to not forget to do this. Also before leaving the counter, make sure that the officer has stamped your passport with validity up to the I797 validity date of Company B.

***It is also good practice to check your electronic I94 ASAP to ensure that the officer did indeed use the date of I797 of company B because the electronic record will be the official record.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this