Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Switching greencard processing from consular to adjustment of status

Recommended Posts

I am applying for a greencard in F2A category (spouse of LPR). I am currently in US on H1B visa. Due to the long wait times and some uncertainties, I prefer to apply for consular processing. If I am still in the US when it is possible to adjust status, can I adjust status and apply for EAD instead of pursuing consular processing? If yes, how may I do that?

Share this post

Link to post

You just file an I-485 and EAD when the PD is current. They will request the file back from the consulate.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this