PIMS Update

Hi Guys,

I need your help. Is there anyway we can call or verify with the PIMS database to see if our H-1B approval is updated in their system? I attended my visa interview in Hyderabad last week and was told that my latest H-1B extension petition approval is not showing in their system. VO gave me back my passport and told me come back again after sorting it out. But when I checked my visa status online in the tracker, it shows administrative processing. Any idea on what is going on with my application? Is there anything I need to do? Can we reach out to the PIMS database and confirm if my information is updated in their system? Any help or insight on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Nitin0720
Typo

This post clearly shows we miss good old golden days. In 2012, I went to Vancouver Canada for my first H1B stamping and I had same issue. My interview went well but had PIMS issue. They said same thing to me but VO didnot return my passport. He said no need to worry and this is normal and it will take a day or two to get this resolved. At that time, as precautionary measure and as adviced by others, after coming to room after my inetrview,  I mailed my H1B approval copy to  PIMS at state.gov  and to vancouverNIV at state.gov explaining them the situation. As VO said I got my visa issued and it took 1 extra day. I guess you can also do the same.

Edited by gopalakrishnach
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been more than 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything from them? At this point, I wonder if there are actually doing anything on my visa application since the VO did not tell me that they will be working on it. He just gave my passport back. Do you think I should schedule another appointment and see if anything changes then? Please advise.

Thanks 

Nitin

• 8 months later...