I-485 Incorrect Filing Fee

JayN

My spouse and I filed our EB-2 employment-based I-485 applications last month 12/21/2018. The package has been confirmed as delivered to the uscis mailroom (12/24/2018).

I was running my expenses this week and noticed that i had written the incorrect amount on my cheque. To clarify - The number in the box portion of the check is correct and the amount I wrote in text incorrect. My spouses check has no problems.

I am trying to find if there is a way to correct this mistake now that the application has been sent. If the application is returned (rejected?), how quickly will i be notified?

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to check this post.

Thank you @care_candidate.

Update: I did call USCIS toll free and they still do not have the information on my application. They asked me to give it another 2 weeks before reaching out. I was told that since my spouse is the Principal applicant, atleast that application would go through. The Derivative application (mine) could likely get returned via mail for incorrect filing fee (at which point, i'll have to send them the same set of docs with the correct filing fee). Its a wait and watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived