H4 Visa Start Date and H4 EAD

I had applied for a change of status from L1 A to H4 and corresponding work authorization(H4 EAD) with start date from Dec 13, 2018 (along with my spouse's H1B extension). I have received my H4 and EAD approval notice last week  but with two different start dates.

H4 Approval has a start date May 2019 - May 2022 (My spouse's current H1 B ends in May 2019).

H4 EAD has start date from Dec 13 2018 - May 2022. 

I had submitted a service desk ticket with USCIS  to correct the H4 approval date and waiting to get an update. But, can I consider my  H4 - EAD as my immigration status and start working? 

Appreciate your help on this regard,

Hari

On 1/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, Hari2112 said:

I had applied for a change of status from L1 A to H4 and corresponding work authorization(H4 EAD) with start date from Dec 13, 2018 (along with my spouse's H1B extension). I have received my H4 and EAD approval notice last week  but with two different start dates.

H4 Approval has a start date May 2019 - May 2022 (My spouse's current H1 B ends in May 2019).

H4 EAD has start date from Dec 13 2018 - May 2022. 

I had submitted a service desk ticket with USCIS  to correct the H4 approval date and waiting to get an update. But, can I consider my  H4 - EAD as my immigration status and start working? 

Appreciate your help on this regard,

Hari

Yes you are good to start working. No issues.

Edited by shekar11#
  • 11 months later...

Hi @2112,

Was your document corrected? I had a similar issue where the H4 was start date in earlier and the H4 start date is 4 months later based on my spouse’s H1b.

Did you have any issues with stamping? I haven’t got any update from USCIS since 1 year.

Appreciate your response!