LIB ( 5 years) + H4 (2 years) applying H1, question about H1 tenure

vai

Hi ,

I landed USA on L1B ( specialized skill ) visa and completed my 5 years tenure . Post switched to H4 and took one year maternity break.

Post that I am working on H4 EAD visa in one of the top SW company in  CA since last 9 months .

My question is can I apply for H1 visa this year March 2019 ? I never returned to my country post my 5 years L1B tenure so will I be eligible to apply for H1 and if so , will I be able to get 6 years of new tenure on H1?

Kindly advise

Thank you 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:11 PM, vai said:

Hi ,

I landed USA on L1B ( specialized skill ) visa and completed my 5 years tenure . Post switched to H4 and took one year maternity break.

Post that I am working on H4 EAD visa in one of the top SW company in  CA since last 9 months .

My question is can I apply for H1 visa this year March 2019 ? I never returned to my country post my 5 years L1B tenure so will I be eligible to apply for H1 and if so , will I be able to get 6 years of new tenure on H1?

Kindly advise

Thank you 

No you will only get 1 year. You need to stay out of the country for 1 year to reset the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply .

There is good chance that I will be moving out after 1 year . But I might comeback to USA in 1-2 years.

When I come back what would be my status of the H1 petition  . 

I am trying to understand , if accepting the offer of the comapny who promise me the H1 filing ( will not be doing any green card filing ) is anyway going to benifit me in future when I return.

Thanks again

Archived