f1 interview 2nd attempt

chandrayee31

hi,

Tomorrow I have my visa interview for 2nd attempt.1st time I got a rejection under 214B denial.1st Time my sponsor was an US citizen(distant cousin) and they asked about my husband who is having a F1 visa upto Aug2019 and they rejected my application.This time I got a GA with full Tuition fee waiver + stipend and rest of amount(little amont) is paid by my father.Now if they ask me 'Do you have any relative staying in US?'what will I say?This time I have only mentioned husband as immediate relative. So should I tell them about my husband when they will ask about relative?Please help. I'm really nervous.

I have to make it tomorrow.

Happy new year

Hi,

Yesterday I again got a rejection under 214b denial. May be I'm paying for my honesty. this time Vo only asked about husband  and rejected. these officers presumed something and they are determined not to listen to your scenario.

after some basic question like which univ,when did I last study,since 2013 what I was doing.

vo:your husband is in US I can see.

me:yes sir.

vo:is he on OPT?

me:no sir.

vo:so he is in which university?

me:told.he will be graduating in aug 19,so after that he will come back.

vo:are you sure?

vo:sorry mam. unfortunately your visa is not approved this time.

me:but sir I have a approved study leave from T*S and I have to come back.

vo: mam, your interview is done for the day.

1.I haven't applied for F2 because I have a stable job here and that time also some people told you work in corporate research and quitting job for f2 visa, they may reject your visa. Even if they do then next time when you will apply for f1 they will sure reject it. Its better you on your own credibility.

2. I'm married for 3.2 years now, but the time he left for USA it was 1.9 yrs

3.I did my MCA  from srm university,chennai in 2013 with 9.29 gpa.

I dont know how to come out of it.please help.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, pontevecchio said:

Distant cousins do not count. If you are admitted to a credible college and your spouse is also in a credible college, you should be able to get the visa. Let us know.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, Noah Lott said:

Better tell the truth, as they now know about your husband....the sponsor is immaterial, but sounds shady...another oddity...why did you not apply for an F2? Or is the 'marriage' a recent one? No doubt they know that your husband is not returning, so why should you? Too many unknown details...when did you graduate high school? College? How long have you been married? Why no F2? Trying to do an end run around your relative in the US (husband) will not succeed.....

Hi,

Yesterday I again got a rejection under 214b denial. May be I'm paying for my honesty. this time Vo only asked about husband  and rejected. these officers presumed something and they are determined not to listen to your scenario.

after some basic question like which univ,when did I last study,since 2013 what I was doing.

1.I haven't applied for F2 because I have a stable job here and that time also some people told you work in corporate research and quitting job for f2 visa, they may reject your visa. Even if they do then next time when you will apply for f1 they will sure reject it. Its better you on your own credibility.

14 hours ago, chandrayee31 said:

Hi,

I see a probable reason why they rejected your F1 visa... If your husband graduate in Aug 2019, and coming back after graduation,, and if you are going there on F1 for 2 years study, then you both will be separated again because your husband will be back in India after graduation and you will be in USA. 

Talk to your manager and ask them to apply for your H1 in April, and then go to USA on H1...it is the better option for both you and your husband.

18 hours ago, chandrayee31 said:

Hi,

In my opinion, the correct visa classification for you would have been F2 as a dependent. There is a reason why the consulate officer asked /enquired about your husband in both of your attempts. As Noah Lott mentioned, the officer was not convinced with your ties to your homeland. Unfortunately even a F2 at this time may be rejected as your husband will "soon return".  However, if you want to drop the idea of studying and want to join your husband, F2 seems like the only way. 

By the way , why did you answer that he will be graduating in Aug 19 and he will come back. Did the officer ask you when he will be graduating and when will he come back  ? Why not answer what is asked and answer truthfully instead of providing useless information that may harm you for no reason at all. 

Anyways, imho , F2 visa classification is the only way at this point and that too is  a risky and desperate attempt. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, satya2k1 said:

I see a probable reason why they rejected your F1 visa... If your husband graduate in Aug 2019, and coming back after graduation,, and if you are going there on F1 for 2 years study, then you both will be separated again because your husband will be back in India after graduation and you will be in USA. 

Talk to your manager and ask them to apply for your H1 in April, and then go to USA on H1...it is the better option for both you and your husband.

Yes I will but in Tcs there is a long queue for h1.lets see but its good to know US homeland security thinks about my marriage.Thank you satya for your assistance.

Archived