Need some inputs on H1B Visa Dropbox facility

sai8

Hi,

My wife H1B visa was expired on May 2018. She got stamping in India and hasnt changed her employer. Her extension decision still pending with USCIS so her employer asked her to relocate temporarily to Canada. Now we are planning to get H4 stamping in Canada safer side. She doenst want to come on H4 visa unitl her H1 extension decision comes out. If she gets her extension approval, then she wants to use dropbox in India by going to vacation. We are not sure whether she will be eligible if she gets H4 visa. If anyone goes thru this situation, please share some inputs. 

Thank you very much in advance.,.. 

On 12/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, sai8 said:

Hi,

My wife H1B visa was expired on May 2018. She got stamping in India and hasnt changed her employer. Her extension decision still pending with USCIS so her employer asked her to relocate temporarily to Canada. Now we are planning to get H4 stamping in Canada safer side. She doenst want to come on H4 visa unitl her H1 extension decision comes out. If she gets her extension approval, then she wants to use dropbox in India by going to vacation. We are not sure whether she will be eligible if she gets H4 visa. If anyone goes thru this situation, please share some inputs. 

Thank you very much in advance.,.. 

Why does  your spouse need H-4 stamping when there is no plan to go back on H-4 to US. You can wait for H-1 decision and then use drop box.

Thank you both for response. 

@gopalkrishnach

She is nearing 240 days after her extension filed so her company doesnt keep a resource here rather they are relocating to Canada. 

@shekar11#

We have a younger daughter who stays with me. In case if we need her back to USA then she can come on H4 atleast. We also have second thought to apply H4 EAD in case her extension denies. 

13 hours ago, sai8 said:

Thank you both for response. 

@gopalkrishnach

She is nearing 240 days after her extension filed so her company doesnt keep a resource here rather they are relocating to Canada. 

@shekar11#

We have a younger daughter who stays with me. In case if we need her back to USA then she can come on H4 atleast. We also have second thought to apply H4 EAD in case her extension denies. 

Why can't your wife request for premium processing. That service is still available for extensions with same employer.

Archived