H1B Stamping - visa fee validity

FredrickPrasan

Hi, I am planning for an India trip. When i logged in to check the earliest available appointment date it shows somewhere in February. The question i have is once i pay the visa fee

1. only then i will be able to see the appointment schedule right

2. within how many after the visa payment should i book the interview? will the visa payment receipt expire after 90 or 180 days?

3. Will the DS 160 expire after certain days? I am at the last page of the DS 160 and yet to hit submission. Because of the appointment schedule, i am not sure whether to complete the form now and wait say 10-20 days to book the interview.

please let me know.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:44 AM, FredrickPrasan said:

Hi, I am planning for an India trip. When i logged in to check the earliest available appointment date it shows somewhere in February. The question i have is once i pay the visa fee

1. only then i will be able to see the appointment schedule right

2. within how many after the visa payment should i book the interview? will the visa payment receipt expire after 90 or 180 days?

3. Will the DS 160 expire after certain days? I am at the last page of the DS 160 and yet to hit submission. Because of the appointment schedule, i am not sure whether to complete the form now and wait say 10-20 days to book the interview.

please let me know.

1. Right,  after fee payment,  you will be able to see detailed dates

2. Visa fee you paid is valid for 1 year,  you can attend within that. 

3. DS160 expires within 30 days after you create it and if you don't submit.

If DS160 is submitted, it won't expire.

22 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

3. Will the DS 160 expire after certain days? I am at the last page of the DS 160 and yet to hit submission. Because of the appointment schedule, i am not sure whether to complete the form now and wait say 10-20 days to book the interview. .. it will expire in 30 days. To keep it activate update/edit is regularly...

If you don't expect any changes in DS160, you can submit now or less than 30 days after you create it.

If you don't submit ds160 within 30 days after you create it, It will expire.

Incase if it's expired - Nothing to worry too, then you can create another ds160 and submit & take it along with you

Archived