H1B 1St time Stamping Ottawa Blue 221G Passport Requested

ffl3883

Hello,

I had H1B 1st time stamping interview in Ottawa Canada on Nov 28th. I was given blue form 221g after the interview. After about 4 weeks, I received emails from Yatri: US DOS Visa system , requesting to send passport to the consulate using attached carrier instruction document. Online status still shows "Administrative processing". My questions are : 

(1) Is this a positive sign that they are requesting passport to be sent to consulate ? 

(2) I am out of Canada now since the wait was too long and staying in Canada is costly. I had originally paid for a return ticket to Canada on 1/11. Changing ticket now will cost me about $1000+ US. Just wondering if 1-2 weeks delay in sending the passport would cause any issue in the visa processing. 

any feedback is appreciated. 

ffl3883

1.That's very Much Positive Sign to issue you Visa.

2. Read the email you received with Instructions again. They should have given you the timeline when to submit the pp . if it is < 30 days then you plan accordingly to arrive canada .

Can u also  Post the questions that were asked during Interview ? 

3 hours ago, Callisto said:

1.That's very Much Positive Sign to issue you Visa.

2. Read the email you received with Instructions again. They should have given you the timeline when to submit the pp . if it is < 30 days then you plan accordingly to arrive canada .

Can u also  Post the questions that were asked during Interview ? 

Hello, 

There is no timeline in the email. Only a Carrier instruction label documents. 

Asked why i am a citizen of a certain country that is not where I was born. 

Asked about my job and application

Asked about my education and reviewed resume and transcript

Asked about my marital status , children 

Then blue form 221g. 

Regards

ffl3883

(1) Is this a positive sign that they are requesting passport to be sent to consulate ? - Certainly a positive sign.

(2) I am out of Canada now since the wait was too long and staying in Canada is costly. I had originally paid for a return ticket to Canada on 1/11. Changing ticket now will cost me about $1000+ US. Just wondering if 1-2 weeks delay in sending the passport would cause any issue in the visa processing. First thing first mail your passport as per instructions from India ( guess now you are in India) once you get passport is ready to pickup or see some change in status online then look for tickets and travel to Canada and I am sure after visa is stamped they will send Passpost to Canada Post Office and their it will be secured for atleast couple of weeks...

1 hour ago, gopalakrishnach said:

(1) Is this a positive sign that they are requesting passport to be sent to consulate ? - Certainly a positive sign.

(2) I am out of Canada now since the wait was too long and staying in Canada is costly. I had originally paid for a return ticket to Canada on 1/11. Changing ticket now will cost me about $1000+ US. Just wondering if 1-2 weeks delay in sending the passport would cause any issue in the visa processing. First thing first mail your passport as per instructions from India ( guess now you are in India) once you get passport is ready to pickup or see some change in status online then look for tickets and travel to Canada and I am sure after visa is stamped they will send Passpost to Canada Post Office and their it will be secured for atleast couple of weeks...

OMG what a advise!! Send your passport to Canada and than you travel. Can you also please explain how he can travel without Passport? 

Archived