Phone call from USCIS Field office ?

sp_0826

My wife recently had an interview at the Dallas USCIS field office where she requested postponing her oath ceremony due to some urgent travel plans to take care of some family issues.

While she is out of the country, yesterday she got a voice mail (her phone was switched off) which said that it was an officer from the Dallas USCIS field office and that they need to schedule a second interview for her. They didn't leave any call back number.

We are guessing that this is a spam call but is this a usual practice for officers from field office calling us about the case ?  When the message specifically said second interview, she became nervous.

Please share your thoughts

9 hours ago, JoeF said:

USCIS would send a letter. They don't call. Paper trails are important.

Thanks for the response. It's amazing how much personal info is being exposed. My wife got particularly nervous when they mentioned in the message that they needed to schedule a second interview.

"...which said that it was an officer from the Dallas USCIS field office and that they need to schedule a second interview for her"

This is oddly specific. USCIS normally communicates by mail. But still, because the message is so specific, you should probably call USCIS and speak to a Level 2 IO. Did the message instruct you to contact USCIS? If so, is the contact info real? 

The message said "pick up your phone" rather than "contact USCIS".

My wife's out of the country and she called USCIS and the Tier 1 officer said the Application is still pending and after she explained what happened, she got transferred to Tier 2 but got disconnected before they spoke. She's trying again on Monday

Archived