L2 EAD to H4 EAD conversion without gap

RisG

Hi,

I have a question regarding my wife's work authorization. She is currently working on L2 EAD. In 2019 her visa shall be changed to H4 as I am planning for H1 stamping sometime this year. Since I will have I140 already approved, we will be trying to get the EAD on H4 asap. Question - Is there a way such that  the EAD gets converted seamless and that she doesn't have to take a break from her job?

Your answer will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rishabh

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, RisG said:

Hi,

I have a question regarding my wife's work authorization. She is currently working on L2 EAD. In 2019 her visa shall be changed to H4 as I am planning for H1 stamping sometime this year. Since I will have I140 already approved, we will be trying to get the EAD on H4 asap. Question - Is there a way such that  the EAD gets converted seamless and that she doesn't have to take a break from her job?

Your answer will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rishabh

You can apply for COS to H-4 and H-4 EAD simultaneously. In that way if you are lucky both will get approved at the same time and your spous does not have to take a break.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:39 PM, Vedha said:

Hello, did you get COS from L2 EAD to H4 Ead without gap in work? I am also in similar situation please provide the updates in your case. 

Thanks 

Most likely there will be a gap of only a week or so for you to get your new H4 EAD card after you receive your H4 approval notice.