B2 Visa Extension

Ravi Param

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention that I have submitted I-539, Application To extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status on Oct 1st 2018 which is 2 months before I94 expired. Application status is still in received status and there is no change to application status till now.  

Just wanted to know whether 240 day rule will apply for B2 visa extension. Please help. 

6 hours ago, Ravi Param said:

Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention that I have submitted I-539, Application To extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status on Oct 1st 2018 which is 2 months before I94 expired. Application status is still in received status and there is no change to application status till now.  

Just wanted to know whether 240 day rule will apply for B2 visa extension. Please help. 

240 days is talking about being authorized to work for 240 days after I-94 expiry for people in work status who have a pending extension. B2 cannot work, so that is irrelevant.

People in any status can stay for an unlimited amount of time after I-94 expiry during a pending Change of Status or Extension of Status application.

Archived