Workng in H4EAD but H1 Approved with ACS

Prat_ma

I am working on H4 EAD which is valid for 2 years. Meanwhile I got my H1B approved with automatic change of status. Can I go out of country and come back on h4? I do have H4 VISA valid for sometime. Also, I have not informed my H4EAD employer that my H1 is approved and I am on H1. How long I have to join H1B employer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 5:01 PM, Prat_ma said:

I am working on H4 EAD which is valid for 2 years. Meanwhile I got my H1B approved with automatic change of status. Can I go out of country and come back on h4? I do have H4 VISA valid for sometime. Also, I have not informed my H4EAD employer that my H1 is approved and I am on H1. How long I have to join H1B employer?

You already have a change of status approved. There is no time. You need to join immediately.

And if you come back on H4 visa, then your H1 status is gone and you will be back on H4.  You cannot have two status at same time... you are technically on H1 status right now with approved COS.  currently, If you are working for a different employer other than H1 petitioner, then you are working illegally unless your H1 validity start date is in the future date.

Archived