F-1 Unlawful Presence?

sdfghhh

Hi,

Recently, I found out that I reported my initial OPT employment details to my school late. However, my SEVIS, I-20 and I-94 are still active. 

I'm concerned that I may have fallen out of my status because I did not report within a timely manner. I have evidence to prove that I have been working the whole period and I wasn't engaged in any unauthorized employment. I heard that this may be an issue since SEVIS automatically terminates SEVIS for such cases but mine wasn't which was really lucky for me...

So my question is: in this case, am I considered out of status and accruing unlawful presence? Or will it be ok as long as I have evidence for employment history and details??

Thank you,

29 minutes ago, xTDx said:

Contact your school DSO.

My school's DSO (who initially warned me that I may be violating my status) suggested me that I talk to an attorney..

When I consulted with an attorney who was experienced in this area, he said that my case wasn't seen as a status violation and that I shouldn't worry about it... I also talked to DSO's from different schools and they all suggested that it won't be a big deal as long as I have all the evidence to prove that I was working legally.

The problem is that a lot of other attorneys whom I've talked to including my school DSO who weren't very familiar with such cases, said that I may be violating the status and triggering the unlawful presence. 

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore...

Archived