H1B - Administrative Processing - 221g - White - Hyderabad

A D

Hi All, 

I had attended the H1B interview (L1 to H1 with a different employer) on 27 Nov 2018. 

Consular Officer asked basic questions and gave me 221g White slip and retained the passport. On 28 Nov Embassy called for LCA, Client & Vendor Letters

After a couple of days, the passport was returned with no stamping, the status is the same since that day. 

No one has reached out to the vendor, client or the employer yet. 

What are the possibilities of approval as it is a holiday period given that no one has been reached to yet? Recommendations please?

Now a days change of status is resulting in rigorous background checks. I see yours is normal now a days. Nowmally 221G white slips are better ( just personal opinion ). Just keep waiting. There is nothing you can do.

What are the possibilities of approval as it is a holiday period given that no one has been reached to yet?  - We cannot say for certain. If you have clean record ( that means your employer also ) you will get. There is no definite answer for timeline.

Recommendations please? - Just hang on, stay strong, inform everyone  and ask them to expect enquiry from USCIS.

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:12 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

Now a days change of status is resulting in rigorous background checks. I see yours is normal now a days. Nowmally 221G white slips are better ( just personal opinion ). Just keep waiting. There is nothing you can do.

What are the possibilities of approval as it is a holiday period given that no one has been reached to yet?  - We cannot say for certain. If you have clean record ( that means your employer also ) you will get. There is no definite answer for timeline.

Recommendations please? - Just hang on, stay strong, inform everyone  and ask them to expect enquiry from USCIS.

Thanks Gopalakrishna. As my project is complete, even if they verify, the client will say that I'm no longer employed with them. 

Hence, looking for alternatives. What do you think of my employer's suggestion of using a new LCA in the same MTA for a new Visa interview?

Archived