Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are Certificate Programs offered by extended universities eligible for H1-B application under normal (non-masters) quota after OPT completion?

Recommended Posts


I am applying to the certificate courses offered by extension programs of some of the prestigious universities, such as UCLA Extension and UC Berkeley Extension. These programs last 9-12 months and allow one year OPT.



However, I am uncertain that after OPT completion, are the graduates of these certificate programs eligible for filing H1-B application? I understand that a certificate course DOES NOT qualify as an academic degree, and CANNOT be used for the Advanced Degree H1 quota. But can it be utilized towards the regular non-masters H1-B quota (subject to an employer sponsoring it)?

Thanks a lot for the help in advance. Any guidance would be really helpful.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now