First time H4 stamping

Manoj.N

Hi,

I just got my H1B visa extended and I will be travelling to India for my marriage next year. Technically I am eligible for drop box where as my partner has to take the interview since it is her first H4 stamping. Which of the following options are better and why?

1. Should I go for a visa interview along with her?
  2. Should I get my visa stamped using drop box option and then send her to the H4 visa interview alone with my new visa copy? I am also concerned if it is valid to send her alone for the H4 visa interview when I am in India

Thanks for the help in advance.

14 hours ago, Manoj.N said:

Hi,

I just got my H1B visa extended and I will be travelling to India for my marriage next year. Technically I am eligible for drop box where as my partner has to take the interview since it is her first H4 stamping. Which of the following options are better and why?

1. Should I go for a visa interview along with her?
  2. Should I get my visa stamped using drop box option and then send her to the H4 visa interview alone with my new visa copy? I am also concerned if it is valid to send her alone for the H4 visa interview when I am in India

Thanks for the help in advance.

1. Not needed.

2. You can go for drop box first and then send your spouse later after your marriage with the marriage certificate. There is no concern in going alone for H-4 visa. Lot of folks do that. 

Archived